Introduction to Resource Management
This course is designed to provide foundational competency development for professionals new to resource management that work in organizations that focus on project-based work. Participants primarily work in Professional/Consulting Services Organizations or Internal IT Organizations.
Services providers are constantly being challenged to provide the right resources at the right place at the right time to maximize margins and project performance. Over the next decade, effectively and efficiently sourcing and managing resources will be the new high-water mark for the industry. At the same time, organizations are faced with the challenge of how to onboard and educate Resource Managers who do not have prior RM experience.
Resource Management is the centerpiece of an iterative process managing both information and process designed to align skilled team-members with expectations for current and future project needs. Efficient Resource Management leads to improved project performance, improved utilization of human capital, better customer satisfaction for internal and external customers, reduced employee attrition, and reduced time management is involved in staffing issues.
- Review the foundational concepts of resource management and how it supports the organization
- Understand the fundamentals of characterizing resource supply and demand through skills management, processing staffing requests and forecasting future demand
- Understand the role technology and governance play in effective resource management
What We Teach / How We Teach
- Global Resource Management, a process methodology developed for achieving highly efficient deployment of human capital as part of the Just-in-Time Resourcing® brand of human capital management solutions
- Just-in-Time Resourcing® supports the capability to facilitate getting the right person in the right place at the right time
- We teach what the right set of RM capabilities are and why they are important to accomplish the most efficient use of human capital for Professional/Consulting Services organizations and Internal IT Operations
TIME: Purchased video is available 24×7; purchase price is per person, per video – group viewing is strictly prohibited
COST: $399 for 90-day access
REBATE: A $200 rebate is available to anyone who completes the Intro to Resource Management course and then registers for and completes their RMCP® certification within 24 months from when they completed the Intro to Resource Management course.
Register for the course