The Resource Management Institute is dedicated to the advancement of resource and workforce management thought leadership, best practices and standards, globally recognized credentials that certify resource management expertise, and tools and resources necessary for effective and efficient management of human capital intensive businesses.
What Is the Resource Management Institute?
RTM Consulting created the Resource Management Institute to provide the resource and workforce management community a vehicle to advance the discipline of resource and workforce management, and further the interests of the people who make up this community and the companies they work for.
Who should join the Resource Management Institute?
Anyone seeking a community to network, learn and exchange best practices about resource management related issues.
Why should I join the Resource Management Institute?
One place for collaboration on all things resource management. Gain access to:
- RMI Community – The online venue where RMI members can collaborate with others who are managing people and projects and discuss resource management best practices
- RMI Newsletter – RMI in conjunction with our founding organization, RTM Consulting, Inc., will connect you with news and resources offering strategic and operational advice for effective and efficient management of human capital intensive businesses
- Industry Events – Get notified of important industry events
- RMCP® – The first-of-its-kind professional certification program specifically designed for resource managers, promoting and supporting competency development for resource management professionals
- White Papers and Articles – Thought leadership to help you with best practice execution in resource management
- RMCP® Resource Center – An online portal providing a complete set of concepts, tasks, skills and knowledge required to successfully understand and perform resource management related duties
- Market Research – Gain access to focused research on a wide variety of Resource and Workforce management related subjects
History of the RMI
The RMI was founded by RTM Consulting, a pioneering company in resource and workforce management. With years of providing consulting and training services to companies around the world, RTM Consulting observed an ongoing need for the standardization of resource management strategies, practices and processes. RTM Consulting developed three paths to meeting this need:
1. Introduced Just-in-Time Resourcing®. Just-in-Time Resourcing® is RTM Consulting’s brand for human capital management solutions helping companies build the right set of capabilities to accomplish the most efficient use of human capital for services operations.
2. Developed the Resource Management Certified Professional (RMCP)® program to promote and support competency development for resource management professionals.
3. Created the Resource Management Institute (RMI) to provide a community for thought leadership, best practices, tools and networking opportunities in order to help resource management professionals continue to evolve and better manage human capital and utilization.