PCUs can be submitted throughout the 2 year term of certification or all at once during recertification. Each activity submitted for PCU credit will need to be submitted electronically through the Learning Management System.
You will need to describe how each activity is related to the RM profession – the RMCP® Resource Center can help. If we cannot tell an activity is RM-related, we may ask you to send more details. In the event we select you for a random audit, be prepared to submit supporting documentation, such as:
- transcript or grade report indicating a passing mark
- copies of sample educational materials, course agendas, or publications
- certificate or evidence of attendance
- evidence of your work or learning project
Professional Certification Units (PCUs) are categorized in to 3 categories
Category 1: RMI-Certified Activities
- A maximum of 20 PCUs can be earned in this category.
- Whitepapers: Reading one artifact in qualifying whitepapers = 1 PCU.
Read any RMI/RTMC professional services related whitepaper (except those related to Education services, Support/field services, or Pricing) located at https://resourcemanagementinstitute.com/rmcp-tools/thought-leadership-2/ and http://www.rtmconsulting.net/white-papers.
- Webinars: Attend one qualifying webinar = 1 PCU.
Attend any professional services related webinar hosted by RTMC, or listen to a pre-recorded session located at http://www.rtmconsulting.net/webinars.
- Case Studies: Each case study = .5 PCU.
Read any professional services related case study located at http://www.rtmconsulting.net/case-studies.
- Professional Services related courses: Each RTMC course = 1 PCU per scheduled hour of the course.
Attend any RTMC in-class or online course found here http://www.rtmconsulting.net/calendar.
- A list of Category 1: RMI-Certified PCU activities is located at https://resourcemanagementinstitute.com/rmcp-tools/pcu-submission/category-1/.
Category 2: Formal Academic Education
- A maximum of 10 PCUs can be earned in this category.
- Courses must be offered for degree credit and be related to resource management. One hour of degree credit in a typical 15-week semester earns 5 PCUs.
- When only a portion of a course relates to resource management, PCUs are calculated on a percentage of the overall curriculum focused on resource management.
- Each course must be submitted through the Learning Management System. Course description and syllabus must be provided.
Category 3: Professional Activities & Self-Directed Learning
- A maximum of 5 PCUs can be earned in this category.
- 1 hour spent on activity = 1 PCU.
- Writing one white paper as listed below = 2 PCUs.
- Examples Activities:
Author or coauthor a resource management focused article of 1,500 words that gets published. Published examples include: relevant industry blogs, LinkedIn Pulse, or the RMCP® Newsletter.Speaker/teacher on resource management topic at a conference, symposium, workshop or formal course.Author or coauthor of textbook that pertains to resource management.Member or moderator of a resource management panel discussion at a conference symposium, workshop or formal course.First time on-the-job experience relto resource management that adds to your knowledge.Viewing articles, books, instructional manuals, videos, audio or other material resources.Informal activities such as discussions or coaching/mentoring sessions with colleagues, coworkers, clients or consultants.