PCUs can be submitted throughout the 2 year term of certification or all at once during recertification. Each activity submitted for PCU credit will need to be submitted electronically through your RMCP® Dashboard.
Click below to log into the RMI website and access your RMCP® Dashboard. Please note, first time RMCP® Dashboard users can access the Dashboard User Guide for instructions.
You will need to describe how each activity is related to the RM profession – the RMCP® Resource Center can help. If we cannot tell an activity is RM-related, we may ask you to send more details. In the event we select you for a random audit, be prepared to submit supporting documentation, such as:
- transcript or grade report indicating a passing mark
- copies of sample educational materials, course agendas, or publications
- certificate or evidence of attendance
- evidence of your work or learning project
Professional Certification Units (PCUs) are categorized in to 3 categories
Category 1: RMI-Certified Activities
- A maximum of 20 PCUs can be earned in this category.
- Whitepapers: Reading one artifact in qualifying whitepapers = 1 PCU.
- Webinars: Attend one qualifying webinar = 1 PCU.
Attend any RMI webinar, RMI Power UP, or professional services related webinar hosted by RTMC, or listen to a pre-recorded session.
- Case Studies: Each case study = .5 PCU.
Read any professional services related case study.
- Professional Services related courses: Each RTMC course = 1 PCU per scheduled hour of the course.
Attend any RTMC in-class or online course found on the Public Training Calendar.
- A list of Category 1: Click here for a list of RMI-Certified PCU activities.
Category 2: Formal Academic Education
- A maximum of 10 PCUs can be earned in this category.
- Courses must be offered for degree credit and be related to resource management. One hour of degree credit in a typical 15-week semester earns 5 PCUs.
- When only a portion of a course relates to resource management, PCUs are calculated on a percentage of the overall curriculum focused on resource management.
- Each course must be submitted through your RMCP® Dashboard. Course description and syllabus must be provided.
Category 3: Professional Activities & Self-Directed Learning
- A maximum of 5 PCUs can be earned in this category.
- 1 hour spent on activity = 1 PCU.
- Writing one white paper as listed below = 2 PCUs.
- Examples Activities:
Author or coauthor a resource management focused article of 1,500 words that gets published. Published examples include: relevant industry blogs, LinkedIn Pulse, or the RMI Newsletter.Speaker/teacher on resource management topic at a conference, symposium, workshop or formal course.Author or coauthor of textbook that pertains to resource management.Member or moderator of a resource management panel discussion at a conference symposium, workshop or formal course.First time on-the-job experience related to resource management that adds to your knowledge.Viewing articles, books, instructional manuals, videos, audio or other material resources.Informal activities such as discussions or coaching/mentoring sessions with colleagues, coworkers, clients or consultants.